Planning provides the forms below for applicants to download, complete and return to:
City of Farmington
430 Third Street
Farmington, MN 55024
Applicants can refer to the City Code to find all applicable requirements
or call the planning manager at 651-280-6822.
- Conditional Use Permit Application - enables the Planning Commission to assign reasonable conditions surrounding a proposed use after consideration of adjacent areas, their functions, and special problems which the proposed use may present.
- Petition for Comprehensive Plan Amendment
- Petition for Rezoning Application - whenever of public necessity, convenience or general welfare require such amendment. Please see procedures for amending.
- Petition to Vacate Easement and/or Right-of-Way
- Planned Unit Development (PUD) Application - the PUD is a tract of land that is developed in a unique and substantially different character than that of surrounding developments. Please see the checklist that aids developers in completing the application.
- Plat Review Application - preliminary plat application. Please see checklist before completing.
- Sign Permit Application - for but not limited to: advertising billboard, off-premise directional, public service information, marquee, freestanding and development project signage are regulated by City Code and require a permit.
- Site Plan Review Application - Please see checklist for developers before completing the Site Plan Review Application.
- Waiver of Plat Application - allows for the subdivision of a single parcel of land into no more than two (2) parcels while waiving formal plat review process, providing certain criterion are met.
- Variance Application - The Planning Commission has the authority to vary from City Ordinance requirements in order to allow an alternative development standard, but only as it applies to a particular property for the purpose of alleviating a practical difficulty or unique circumstance. Conditions to the variance may be deemed necessary to assure compliance with purpose of the code. Please see Variance Permit Process for more information.
- Interim Use Permit
- Urban Chicken Process, Permit, and Renewal