Residents and businesses can choose the container size that best suits their needs. The more you reduce your garbage, the smaller container you need, and you'll be able to reduce your garbage rate. Customers who overfill their containers more than 50% of the time during a quarter and do not request a level of service change will automatically be raised to the next level of service.
The following fee schedule is in effect for 2017.
- 30 gallons - $46.00/quarter, plus tax*
- 60 gallons - $57.00/quarter, plus tax*
- 90 gallons - $67.00/quarter, plus tax*
- Combinations are allowed, please call for applied rates.
*Residential tax 9.75%; Commercial tax 17%
Want to increase or reduce your garbage service?
Contact Utility Billing at 651-280-6883.
Want to increase or reduce your recycling service?
Contact DSI/LSI at 952-469-2239.
Additional Collection Rates
- Out of cab fee of $5 may be charged for drivers exiting the truck to access the container or to clean up spilled garbage from overfilled containers
- Return trip charge (90 gal. or less) - $10/trip/container, $5 each additional
- Return trip charge (300 gal. or more) - $20/trip/container, $10 each additional
Temporary Discontinuance of Service Application
To temporarily discontinue garbage service, please complete the form below at return it to the Utility Billing Department.
Garbage or recycling questions or concerns?
Contact the city at 651-280-6900 or Email