Street/Curb Breaking Permit

The city of Farmington requires permits for disturbing curb, streets, sidewalks, and trails that are installed in the city's right of way.  The Farmington Engineering Department uses the Dakota County One Stop Roadway Permit Shop to manage all street/curb breaking permits.

Application Process

Please visit the One Stop Roadway Permit Shop to begin the permit application process.  For a street/curb breaking permit select the permit type “Application for Access-Residential”.  The permit fee is $70.  A separate surety deposit will be required (separate from the permit fee).  The surety amount requested will be based on the specific nature of the work being proposed.

If you are first time user of the One Stop system, you will need to register as a new user by clicking the Create Account link in the lower right corner of the page.

Gopher State One Call for Excavations

Excavators (including homeowners), throughout Minnesota are responsible for notifying Gopher State One Call of their proposed excavations. The call center will notify participating underground facility operators, so they can mark the location of their facilities. You can notify Gopher State One Call at their website or by calling 651-454-0002.

If you are a contractor working for a homeowner, it is your responsibility to read the Gopher State One Call Handbook.
Here are a few additional recourses: