Outdoor Water Use Policy
Odd/Even Days - NO Watering between Noon–6 p.m. This policy is enforced year round. Failure to comply with this policy will result in a fine. Warnings are not issued.
- Properties with odd addresses (ending in 1, 3, 5, 7, & 9) water on odd calendar days.
- Properties with even addresses (ending in 0, 2, 4,6, & 8) water on even calendar days.
- No watering (garden sprinkling or other irrigation)is ever allowed between Noon and 6 p.m.
- FREE watering permits for new sod/seed allow for daily watering before Noon and after 6 p.m. for 21 days and are available on through the website and at City Hall, 430 Third Street, Farmington, MN 55024
- Hand watering (hose must be attended) of plants is not restricted.
- Children’s water toys, WHEN IN USE by children is not restricted.
- Vehicle washing is not restricted.
The Water Use Policy ensures public safety and the essential needs of residents will not be jeopardized while still allowing water use flexibility. Dry weather may require revisions in policy; changes will be posted at on the city’s website.
Questions? Please call 651-280-6800.